As of now, World has a total of 195 countries and out of it, 193 countries are part or member of the united nations. The only two countries which are not part of the United Nations are known as observer states and they are the Holy See and the State of Palestine. Countries has names depending on the history and constitution they have in place. There are countries that start with different alphabets, and we have listed few of them such as a list of all countries that start with f, list of all countries that start with d, list of all countries that start with e, list of all countries that start with c. Let’s discuss a list of all countries that start with h,
List Of All Countries That Start With H
- Haiti is a sovereign state which is one-eighth of the island of Hispaniola situated in the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region.
- Apart from this, all eastern five-eighths of the island is occupied by the Dominican Republic.
- Officially Haiti is known as the Republic of Haiti.
- Haiti shares its borders with the Bahamas, Colombia, Cuba, and Jamaica in all directions.
- French and Haitian Creole are two major languages spoken in the country.
- Port-au-Prince is the capital city if Haiti and also the most populous city in the country.
- Talking about the geography, two-thirds os the region is mountainous and the rest of the country marked by great valleys, extensive plateaus, and small plains.
- The highest peak of the country is Pic la Selle with an elevation of 2,680 meters (8,793 feet) above sea level.
- Haiti has the second-longest coastline in the Caribbean following with Cuba.
- Haiti beaches are among the most popular and beautiful beaches in the world.
- Haiti has a total of five National Parks and most popular and largest is La Visite National Park.
- Historically, the most popular destination is Citadelle Laferrière also known simply as the Citadelle. It was built by Henri Christophe who was a key leader during the Haitian slave rebellion after the country gained its independence from France at the beginning of the 19th century.
- Haiti’s first monarch was Henri I also knew as Henri Christophe used to live in the Sans-Souci Palace which was completed in the year 1813.
- The name of the country derived from indigenous Taíno language meaning “land of high mountains.” The country was explored on Dec. 6, 1492 and later, Haiti’s native Arawaks fell victim to Spanish rule.
- Haiti is one of poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere where approximately 54% live in abject poverty and average per capita income in Haiti is $730 a year.
- Haiti produces coffee, mangoes, sugarcane, rice, corn, sorghum, and wood for the world and these are its major part of the economy.
- Haiti is the second oldest independent nation in the Western Hemisphere after the United States.
Also Read: List Of All Countries That Start With A
- Honduras is a Central American country situated in the north and the Pacific Ocean to the south.
- Officially it is known as the Republic of Honduras.
- Honduras shares its border with Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea in all directions.
- Spanish is the official language of Honduras.
- Tegucigalpa which is also known as Tegus is the capital city of Honduras and famous for its hilly terrain.
- Talking about geography, Honduras is mostly mountainous and the land is marked by narrow coastal plains.
- Cerro Las Minas is the highest point and mountain of Honduras with an elevation of 2,870 meters (9,416 feet) above sea level.
- Honduras known for its two coastlines, one is the Caribbean Sea coastline and the other one is the Pacific coastline.
- Copán and Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve are 2 UNESCO world heritage sites in the country.
- The economy of the country is based on agriculture; coffee, bananas, mangoes, palm oil, corn, beans, rice, citrus fruit, and beef.
- Honduras means “Great Depths.”
- Historically, the country was known as Spanish Honduras to make the name different from Belize, which had been known as British Honduras.
- Lempira is the currency of Honduras which was named after who died fighting the Spaniards.
- The scarlet macaw is the national bird of Honduras and considered as sacred to the Mayans.
- It was the first country that was known as a “Banana Republic,”
- Hungary is a landlocked country located in Central Europe.
- Officially it was known as “Republic of Hungary” and later just “Hungary” in 2012.
- Hungarian is the official language of the country.
- The Hungarian Forint is the currency of Hungary.
- Budapest is the capital city of Hungary.
- The other major cities in the country are Debrecen, Miskolc, Szeged and Pécs.
- Hungary was founded in A.D. 896 making it one of the oldest countries in Europe.
- Geographically, Hungary is flat and can easily be accessed by land and river.
- Kekes is the highest point in the country with an elevation of 1,014 meters (3326 feet).
- The largest geothermal cave system is in Hungary situated in the underground Budapest.
- Lake Balaton is one of the most famous tourist spots situated in Hungary which is also the largest one in entire Central Europe.
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst are the UNESCO World Heritage sites in the country.
- Hungary is the second-largest producer of foie gras after France.
- Hungarian wine has a history dating back to at least Roman times.
3. Holy See
- Holy See also known as the See of Rome is the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Rome known as the pope across the world.
- Vatican City is the capital city of Holy See.
- It is one of the beautiful countries that start with h.
These are the list of countries that starts with h. Kindly share and do post your comments.