Finding the best possible speaker for your event can be essential to the success of your overall message. Celebrity speakers are a great way to create buzz around your conference or event and drive more engagement. But how can you be sure that you are using the right celebrity speaker for your event? Here, we look at how to get a celebrity guest speaker and how to ensure that they are always hitting the right message.
Consider What Their Role Is
The role of your celebrity speaker is a huge consideration when ensuring you choose the right person for your event. If the primary goal of your event is to engage and entertain, then you might want to seek out speakers with a reputation for having personal style and flair. A high-energy speaker can be the perfect way to get everybody geared up for the day ahead. However, if your event is a more serious occasion, you may wish for your speaker to primarily educate attendees. A calm and measured speaker could be a wonderful choice for the closing address, drawing together points from across the day in an informative manner.
What Type of Personality Aligns With Your Event?
As well as thinking about what you want your celebrity speaker to bring to your event informationally, you should also explore the right type of personality to connect with your audience. If you need a speaker who is revered within your industry, with similar experiences to the audience, then your search will likely look different than if you want to stir up conversation and inspire a different outlook. A demure and lowkey speaker might be more appropriate for events with a serious and educational tone, while a comedic speaker can help to relax a crowd and create easy connections.
Who is Your Audience?
Looking a little more deeply at your audience, who is attending your event? You will usually have a fairly good idea of the attendees. If your audience is mostly older, a celebrity speaker mostly known for edgy humour popular with a younger crowd might not hit the mark! However, if you are holding an event for a room full of creatives with diverse outlooks, an innovative and lively speaker could be the best choice.
What’s the Purpose of Your Event?
Deciding the specific purpose of your event can be essential to hiring the right celebrity guest speaker. You might need a single keynote speaker who is going to give your attendees a burst of inspiration and energy. Or you might need a range of speakers who will be able to lead or support in breakout rooms. The goal of your event could be something simple like bringing together your company to discuss a change in process, or it might be an educational training day. Depending on the goal (bonding your teams, clarity, education), you will be able to find speakers who will fit in well.
Once You’ve Found a Speaker, See them in Action
When you discover a speaker who seems like they will be a great fit for your event, make sure that you see them in action before committing to booking them. A good way to do this is to see if they are speaking at a similar event in your area. However, if this is not possible, there may be options to view their work online – many conferences and events are filmed or streamed. This will give you a good idea of how they are received by an audience, the kinds of events they perform well at, and how they might fit into your own conference.
How to Find the Best Celebrity Speaker
Since celebrity speakers can come with a hefty price tag and are often hard to get booked, you need to be strategic when searching for the right one. Here are some tips on how to find the right celebrity speaker for your next event:
- Create a List of Potential Speakers – Start by creating a list of potential celebrity speakers that would fit your event’s goals. Do research online or talk to industry professionals that know the current speaker trends to find suitable candidates.
- Consider Your Budget – Before you reach out to any speakers, make sure you have an idea of what you’re willing and able to pay them. Consider your budget and start making calls from there so you don’t waste your time or the speaker’s.
- Reach Out to Your Speakers – Once you have created a list of potential speakers, contact them directly, through their agent, or through a bureau. Make sure to be clear and concise with your goals and budget so that they understand what you’re looking for.
- Arrange Interviews with Potential Candidates – Before you make any final decisions, arrange an interview with each candidate to ensure that they are the right fit for your event. Ask questions about their past speaking engagements, topics they like to discuss, and any other details that would help you make a decision.
- Monitor Their Performance – Once your celebrity speaker has been booked, monitor how they perform at your event. You can use their feedback to better understand what resonates with your audience and evaluate how they could improve the next time around.
By following these steps, you will be able to find the best celebrity speaker for your event that meets both your budget and expectations. Taking the extra effort to research potential speakers will ensure that you have an amazing experience with a memorable keynote address that leaves everyone in attendance inspired!
Where to Find Celebrity Speakers
Finding celebrity speakers doesn’t have to be difficult. You should always ask others in your industry if they have any specific recommendations, and do your own research into celebrity guest speakers online. If you are wondering how to book a celebrity speaker easily, then get in touch with an experienced and professional public speakers bureau here.
Good luck on finding the perfect celebrity speaker for your next event!