Listing out names of animals, countries, flora and fauna is one of the ‘mind-reading magic trick’ usually used by people across the world. On the basis of this, we have listed countries that start with E, countries that start with C, countries that start with D Today, we will discuss a list of all countries that start with F,
Countries That Start With F
- France is offcially known as the French Republic.
- The country name has been derived from Latin word Francia which means ‘country of the Franks‘.
- France is the largest country in the European Union with an approximate area of 551,000 square km.
- France shares its border with Andorra, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Spain, and Switzerland.
- The official language of the country French and it is the second most studied language after English.
- Paris is the capital city of France and popular across the world for its couture fashion houses, classical art museums and most importantly for its monument Eiffel Tower.
- With 82.6 million visitors, France is the most visited countries in the world and Paris is the most visited tourist destinations in the world.
- Mont Blanc is the France highest point and mountain with an elevation of 4,807m high (15,771 ft).
- Comparing to the overseas territories, France uses 12 different time zones which is maximum in the world by any country.
- France constitution prime motto is “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity”
- France holds teh honour of the most Nobel Prizes for the literature of any country.
- Tour de France is the most famous road bicycle race in the world which zig-zags through the French landscape.
- French open which is played on the clay court is the tennis even that happens in Paris every year.
- The unique part is that people speaking French in Africa than in France.
- Talking about history, France was once the administered 8% of the world’s land.
- Till, 2012, it was illegal in Paris for women to wear trousers.
- France passed a law in 1910 that denies kissing on platforms to avoid delayed departures.
Also Read: List Of All Countries That Start With H
- Finland is officially known as the Republic of Finland.
- Finland has 187,888 lakes and 179,584 islands which is a world record and lies within the territory of Finland.
- The country shares its border with Sweden, Norway, and Russia.
- Helsinki is the capital city and also the largest city in the country.
- Finland gained its independence during the Russian Revolution in 1917. Before that, it was part of Sweden and later become part of Russian Farm.
- 86% of the land area of Finland covered in forests which is pine, spruce, and birch. Finland is the largest producer of wood, in all of Europe.
- Finland is also is known as the land of the midnight sun because, in the month of June and July, the Sun shines the whole day and will drop below the horizon.
- The country has some unique flora and fauna which includes grey wolf, wolverine, elk, its national animal the brown bear and national bird the whooper swan.
- Finland has few resorts where you can sleep in a glass igloo to watch the northern lights.
- If any citizen in the country earns their PhD, they will be awarded a top hat and a sword.
Also Read: List Of All Countries That Start With A
- Fiji is an island country located in the South Pacific Ocean.
- Officially known as the Republic of Fiji.
- Fiji, English and Fiji Hindi are three languages spoken in the country.
- Fiji is an archipelago with a total of 330 islands where 110 are permanently inhabited.
- The total landmass of the county is the combination of Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, the two largest island of the country.
- Suva is Fiji’s capital which is also the largest city of the country situated on the southeast coast of the island of Viti Levu.
- The highest point in Fiji is Mount Tomanivi with an elevation of 1,324 meters (4,344 feet) above sea level situated on the main island of Viti Levu.
- Fiji is popular among tourists across the world for its white sandy beaches and aesthetically pleasing islands.
- Fiji has a total of 6 national parks and most famous is Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park established in 1987 to protect the unique wildlife and cultural heritage site.
- The second most famous national park is Bouma National Heritage Park and covers approximately rainforest and coastal forest.
- Fiji one and only UNESCO world heritage site is Levuka listed in the year 2013. The area is set among the coconut and mango trees along the beach and was the colonial capital of Fiji.
- Fiji group of islands has been accidentally discovered by the Europeans. The first discovery was made in 1643 by the Dutch were explorer, Abel Tasman and English navigators. It also includes Captain James Cook who sailed through in 1774 and later discoveries were made in the 18th century.
- Fiji has one of the most developed economies in the Pacific because of its forest, mineral, and fish resources.
- Kava or Yaqona is the unofficial national drink of Fiji.
- Fiji flora and fauna includes 30 species of reptiles, out of which 12 are endemic.
- Fiji currency is the Fijian dollar.
- Fiji’s national sport is Rugby.
These are the list of all countries that start with F and the facts related to them. Kindly share and do post your comments.