Keno is a lottery game that has been played for years, it is known to be the undisputed king of all types of lotto. Keno can be very addicting and risky because you could win or lose large sums of money in a matter of minutes. There are a few strategies that a player should take into consideration when playing keno online.
Keno has similarities to bingo, it has been around for centuries and was invented in China; this is where the name keno comes from. The origins of the game are not completely known but it has spread throughout various different cultures like Hawaiians and Italians, wherever it went it has always caught on as a very popular type of gambling.
Nowadays there are many different variations of this game that can be played online through online casino websites which makes it even easier for players to access them all over the world without leaving their own homes. Keno is popular today in Atlantic City, which is known to be the mecca of gambling in North America. Gambling has been around for centuries but it has been in its current form since 1887, this is when a man by the name of Joseph Blanc made keno what we know today.
Rules of Keno
Keno is played with a bingo-type card where the numbers 1 to 80 are printed, each number has an equal chance of being selected. Requesting a keno ticket opens up the options for you to select 1 number up to 20 or all numbers. There are many different types of bets that can be placed depending on how much money you would like to spend and what type of prize pool you want to win; this will influence which type of bet you place.
The most common bet would be a ‘straight’ bet because it has a lower house edge and better odds than other options and is only available when choosing only one set amount of numbers between 1 and 20. Playing online: there are reputable websites that you can check over here that offer Keno to play online. The game is similar to offline Keno but offers players more chances than ever before to win prizes. There are many different types of bets you can place on keno but the most common bet would be ‘straight’ because it has a lower house edge and better odds than any other options available. So when playing keno online you should always make sure that you place the best possible bet in order to gain a better chance of winning.
10 rules and strategies to follow when playing keno online:
- Clear your head of distractions; Keno can be a very addicting game and it is easy to get caught up in the excitement, but you should make sure that you take regular breaks from playing this game because it could leave you feeling drained afterward.
- Set a budget for yourself; before beginning to play keno online, set an amount that you are willing to lose and stick with that even if you feel like you want to play more after hitting a couple of numbers.
- Don’t try and chase your money; The goal here is not to win all your money back and then some, the only thing this will do is leave you feeling depressed because you lost money, don’t take out your anger on the game because it is just a numbers game.
- Do not give up if you lose a couple of times; oftentimes new players can be very hard on themselves after losing even though they have been playing keno for only a short period of time. It may feel discouraging to keep going after experiencing a few losses but that is part of learning and growing as a player.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself while playing keno online; this is an easy way to turn something that could have been overwhelming into something enjoyable and relaxing for yourself, there are also plenty of ways that you can play keno online which make it accessible from any location around the world so take advantage of it.
- Watch your money; when playing online make sure that you aren’t throwing away your winnings by depositing it back into the same website or transferring to another account, this will leave you in a hole financially and only lead to more losses.
- Find out how much different types of bets cost; It is important to find out how much each bet could be costing you so that you know what type of bet would work best for you depending on your budget. High risk/high reward does not always give higher odds than other options available.
- Don’t play impulsively; if something doesn’t feel right about a game then skip it and move on because there could be better ones waiting for you that suit your style of play better.
- Look for special features; many sites offer bonuses and other types of promotions to play with, this would give you more chances at winning but it is important to read the fine print when signing up because sometimes these offers come with terms that are hard to meet.
- Have patience; good things happen to those who wait so just stick with your preferred type of bet and keep playing it until you win or break even, there is no sense in giving up after only a few losses so try not to let yourself get discouraged.
It doesn’t matter if you are not experienced in playing keno online, all that matters is that you have fun while doing so! Set aside an amount of money that you are willing to lose before beginning to play keno online because it can be a very addicting game that could lead you to lose more money than intended.
Winning a jackpot with Keno is not as easy as some other games, but if you have fun and stay relaxed there is no reason why you should not win big!