A lot of us love to have fun online gambling while some prefer in-person games, taking our chances to win big and feel like the ultimate winner with an impressive jackpot at stake. However, how good are you as a player, and do you think that luck or skill is what it takes to win? Well, just one thing is for sure, and that is that in gambling the house always wins. Why and how so, and how does the game affect your gameplay or your bankroll? Keep on reading and find out down below!
Why do you lose more than you gain?
Many people who are aware of the house edge still don’t really grasp its implications for their bankrolls, while others aren’t doing the math or they are not paying close attention to their gameplay. You as a player should understand the fact that the house edge doesn’t apply to your starting bankroll, but to the total amount of your wager down the line.The longer you play, the greater the odds are that the result of your play will match up with the house edge. This is why you might find yourself playing for hours trying to win some money, while the reality is that you will be constantly trying to bring back what you’ve already lost.
What you need to know about house edge
No matter what game you choose to play and no matter where you might be in the world, the thing is that your odds don’t change. You should know that all casino games are designed to provide the house with a built-in edge. By doing so, the casino diminishes bigger chances and bigger wins for any player. Every game is different and unique in its own way, meaning that you won’t be left with the same outcome in every case. For instance, in a game of roulette, your chance of winning is 37 to 1 or 38 to 1. This is why a lot of players prefer to play roulette, especially since the game lets you play games such as higher or lower numbers or guess the color (both have a 50:50 chance of winning).
The effect of the house edge
The house edge is a percentage reflecting the advantage that a particular casino game has over the player. The higher the percentage, the larger the advantage for the house. The edge for some games is fixed, while others vary depending on factors such as deck size and rules. You should always try and play the games with the highest return rates and lowest casino house edge. This way, you will give yourself the best chance of winning. However, don’t focus on that exclusively and try to have fun while gambling responsibly on the games you like and enjoy. Here are your game options and how the edge percentage looks like.
- Baccarat – has a 1.06% edge as you bet on the banker, and 1.24% when wagering on the player. In the case of a tie, it goes to 14.36%. It is also one of the most fun games that one can play.
- Blackjack – you are looking at the edge of 0.28% with a lot of fun both online and in-person.
- Craps – this depends and varies since there are several different outcomes since this game can be played in loads of different ways. It varies from 1.36% up to 16.67%, so it might be hard to predict it.
- Keno – might be one of the worst games (and hardest) to play since it ranges from 25% to 29%. If you are lucky enough to win, however, the payout will leave you pleasantly surprised.
- Pai Go poker – this is the card game version of the Chinese classic that carries a 1.46% edge.
- Roulette – we have already covered it, but we forgot to mention two different options and kinds, such as the European and American versions. European roulette has a 2.70% edge while the American one increases to 5.26%.
- Slots – this game is not as fixed, and the outcome depends a lot on the game itself, but it can vary anywhere from 2% to 25%.
- Video poker – you will enjoy the advantage of 0.36% with most video poker games.
FAQ section about casino games
Can you change the house edge in casino games?
A lot of people wonder about this and are interested in whether playing online or in-person has anything to do with the outcome and stats of the game. The truth is that some games require strategy and others depend on pure luck. You will have to get the hang of the games to understand which is which.
When playing what does RTP stands for?
It seems like that word ”RTP” is all over your favorite games online and in-person, right? This is because RTP stands for “return to player,” which is the percentage of money returned to the players through winnings. This is why when playing you should go for the higher RTP since less you are going to lose at the game.
What is the best game to play if you want the lowest casino house advantage?
Most casinos will agree that the best solution comes down to different kinds of poker machines, blackjack, roulette, or baccarat. However, only play games that you know-how to and that you are comfortable with playing, investing in, and possibly losing.
Want to test your luck and have fun?
Since now you know what games to play and which ones to avoid, are you ready to give it a go? If that is the case make sure that you check out hottopcasino.com since there you can browse through a lot of online casinos and find the perfect one for you! Compare different kinds of welcome bonuses, free spin options, and wager requirements. All are reliable and recommended for both newbies and professionals.